Chinese Translation and Interpreting Services
Shipping Arbitration (Other Legal Dispute) & Conference/Simultaneous Interpreting
One of the first Five Qualified Court Interpreters and one of the first Eight Qualified Chinese Conference Interpreters in the United Kingdom.
Accredited Interpreter by the China State Administration of Foreign Experts.
Chinese Translation and Conference & Legal Interpreting Services is based in the Greater London Area.
We offer Chinese to English and English to Chinese translation and simultaneous, conference and consecutive interpreting services.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Shipping arbitration/dispute/mediation and other civil arbitration/disputes (at IDRC, the High Court, the International Chamber of Commerce and The Centre for International Arbitration);
- Automotive industry;
- Economics, business and finance, including FinTech;
- Pharmaceutical (good manufacturing process);
- Transport (railway & metro systems);
- Technology (new energy, engineering and advanced manufacturing).
We offer bilingual staff recruitment consultancy services to UK employers and language & cultural consultancy services to UK businesses who wish to expand into
the Chinese markets and attract Chinese customers in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Our principal Chinese translator and conference / legal interpreter, Ms Connie Kongkui Hubbard, has an MA in Classical Chinese from Beijing
University. She is an official interpreter for the UK
Home Office and a certified translator. She is a qualified Conference and Court Interpreter and Translator of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (since 2002) ITI and the Chartered Institute of Linguists (name on register: Kongkui Hubbard, CIoL). Please visit: Ms Connie Kongkui Hubbard's Profile
With over 20 years' professional experience, Connie is one of the UK's most experienced and highly respected Chinese conference (simultaneous) & legal interpreters(in international shipping/maritime and other civil disputes). Please visit Chinese Conference & Legal Interpreting
The co-founder, Dr. Steven Hubbard, has an MA in Physics from Oxford University and a D.Phil. in Biophysics from
York University. He is in charge of IT consultancy and quality control, in particular for Chinese to English translations.
Chinese Translation and Conference & Legal Interpreting Services provides an accurate, reliable and efficient service.
We are honoured to include amongst our clients Bank of China International, HSBC, China Development Bank, BP, Citigroup, Barclay's Capital, Huawei Technologies (world's leading telecommunication company), China Mobile,
Aston Martin, Bentley Motors, Rolls Royce (automotive), Accenture, Virgin Atlantic, British Railway Industry Association, Williams Formula One, McLaren,
Proctor & Gamble, Bloomsbury Publishing, Condé Nast Publications, Terra Firma and Cargill International (Switzerland).
Mind the Gap
We Are Here to Bridge the Cultural and Language Gap, to Make You and Your Chinese Clients/Partner Understand Each Other Perfectly.
Our motto is and will always be "Quality, Reliability and Accountability".
- "Dear Connie, I refer to your request for a reference and can happily confirm, to whom it may concern, that both I and my partners have always been very impressed with your interpretation skills as, we believe, have been the tribunals before whom we have appeared. This is not only by reference to you individually but also by way of comparison to other Chinese interpreters of whom we have had experience. We would certainly wish to instruct you again should the need arise."
Partner, from a London law firm
- "Connie Hubbard provided translation services as part of a multi-million dollar dispute heard in the High Court. Her work was consistently of a very high standard. Connie translated live witness evidence for the Court, and also translated a range of complex legal documents in the build up to, and during, the trial. She understood the complicated factual background to the case very quickly, which was essential to providing accurate translations. Connie's responsiveness was exemplary, as was her ability to work as part of a wider team. I would thoroughly recommend her."
Partner from an international law firm
- "I am very impressed with the interpretation and translation services that Connie Hubbard provides. I recently instructed her to interpret for Chinese witnesses giving oral evidence at a London shipping arbitration. Her interpretation was quick and succinct. Prior to the hearing, she also assisted in transcribing and translating audio recordings disclosed in the arbitration. I am very happy with all her work and would not hesitate to instruct her again."
Partner from an international law firm
- After a three-day trade mission conference involving major Chinese and UK wind and hydra power players, John Buckley - UKTI Global Value Chain Specialist, said to Connie: "Your range and depth of knowledge is astonishing. How you handle such a wide range of topics is a wonder."
- Mr. Michael Baker-Harber, prominent maritime arbitrator and former President of London Maritime Arbitrators Association, said to Connie after a shipbuilding arbitration hearing involving complex technical aspects: "You're the best Chinese interpreter we've used."
- Her Honour Judge J. Miller, sitting at Winchester Crown Court, said to Connie after a complicated trial: "You're an exceptionally good interpreter."
- After a seven-day insurance underwriters' training course concerning the oil & gas industry, Tony Tyler, Partner, Head of Marketing | JLT Specialty Limited, wrote to Connie: "You and your colleagues provided excellent support and were a key factor behind the success. So thank you for you hard work and myself, Lucky and the rest of the team enjoyed working with you. You are certainly top of our list for any regional translation needs we have. Many thanks and hope to work with you again."
- Nicholas David Coleridge CBE, writer and President of Condé Nast International said to Connie: "You offered sterling service."
- His Honour Judge Brown, sitting at Bournemouth Crown Court said to Ms. Connie Kongkui Hubbard after a highly complicated and lengthy rape trial: "You're the best interpreter we used during the trial."
Please email us at: email@example.com
Or Call us: 07814522786
WeChat ID: 00447814522786
Last updated on 29th January 2018 by Webmaster